View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I say America is the undisputed leader of the world because that is a fact. What other country provides the aid America does? Who do nations run to first? Who usually is first to provide aid? What other country leads like America does? So, factually, I am correct. If not - let's see the proof. So, whether people see that as arrogant is beside my point here. Though, I made the point earlier that I think people resent America for having that position. Is it the saying of it that pisses people off or seems arrogant - I guess so.

In the end, I think at times that America would be better off stopping all aid and going back to isolationism. Then, who would hate us. Likely, I suggest, even more people. So, America cannot win for losing so to speak.

Here is a cool article on the progession of America's leadership in the world:

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6807/wleader.html
Honestly Strand, you don't need to treat me like an idiot by posting articles. I'm not disputing America's standing in the world, that would be foolish, it's the superiority complex that goes along with it. Personally I believe as one of the richest nations in the world the US (and the UK) has a duty to do those things.