View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Honestly Strand, you don't need to treat me like an idiot by posting articles. I'm not disputing America's standing in the world, that would be foolish, it's the superiority complex that goes along with it. Personally I believe as one of the richest nations in the world the US (and the UK) has a duty to do those things.
I did not think I was treating you as an idiot (which I think you are not BTW)

I posted that article (as I always do) because it supported my point. I was not talking about the thing you call the superiority complex. I do not really agree with that notion 100% in that I think anytime someone says America is the world leader (or whatever) some people assume it is said with that superior tone - I was explainig that I was saying it matter of factly. That is all.

Sorry for any offense.

I also agree that the richest nation has an obligation and I submit we meet that obligation in both public and personal donations and time. I mean if it were not for America, most of Europe would be speaking German (either in 1918 or 1941) Yet, when I say that fact, people hate it. What they should be is thankful

save the cheerleader - save the world