View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 04:07 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
[/B]

How do you figure??? I personally think this album won't get a lot of radio play except on Chicago's Wxrt or that genre of station. DYMM is reminiscent to me of his early 80s stuff (isn't it all early 80s). He really needs a "hook" like Trouble to get this off the ground.

Uh, this is a totally different kind of song from Trouble. Trouble didn't really have that much of a lyrical hook, per se. It was a very laid-back song, musically, that was designed to have layers to bring out distinctions in it's sections. It's main hook were the guitar sounds he was using. Lyrically, it was sparse and somewhat repetitious. Not a bad thing at all, it fit very well into what was popular at the time. The chorus groove was not that different than the verses in that particular song. It didn't suddenly explode into something else like this song does. It basically layered over the same root groove. It was a certain type of music that this isn't. He uses very distinct sections, layers and key changes for this song. Plus it also has a much stronger bridge. Trouble had a guitar solo to replace the bridge. The form of both songs are too different to really make comparisons.

I don't know what area you're in, but being in Seattle, this is right up our alley. I mean, we have a very powerful folk-acoustic fanbase here. Stuff like Regina Spektor and Feist get a lot of airplay here.