View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Along with the three year time span it's probably a good thing to think about how incredibly young these guys were. All three guitarists are really amazing in the skill level they were at and Danny was famous for how quickly he progressed. I guess nobody gets on Itzhak Perlman's case for playing all that old fashioned Mozart and Beethoven stuff right? :^)

I didn't know that One Together was written by Spencer actually, it's different and not drawing off something else specific so I guess I didn't think it would be his. A friend had the LP but I only have the CD which doesn't give info on every song's writer. I do like that song a lot, it's pretty cool and mellow. Blue Rodeo's Five Days In July album is the closest thing to it I can think of.

I thought Christine contributed to When You Say. There was a version with her singing and one with Danny singing. I think she plays keyboards on both of them. She did say Danny was hard to get to know, which describes a lot of other artists. They sounded nice together on Dust. It's probably impossible for most creative people spending any time together to not contribute to each others work though. If a lot is contributed they will share credit, if it's a minor touch or something they don't. It's like some of the Wailers musicians and background singers I know did contribute some innovative reggae stylings to some of the music officially credited only to Bob Marley. Christine isn't co-credited on any Kirwan songs I know of though.