View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm seeing him in a couple weeks and my thoughts on the setlist:

Go Insane full band! While I thought his acoustic performance of this song was more intense than the album version by far, it's going to be interesting to see this done differently (ironically, "differently" being closer to the album version than his usual live arrangement).

I'm bummed that DLD is the only OOTC song... I was so hoping for Soul Drifter. Oh well, at least he's including one.

No Holiday Road? That one always got the crowd going and I agree that it is arguably his best known solo song (thanks to tons of replays of National Lampoon's Vacation). A mistake to drop it. I'll miss Castaway Dreams as well, but you can't have everything, and I do realize that slow songs often don't play as well live. I also wish Wait for You was there... oh, how I love that song!

Come... eh. It's like the poor man's ISA. We don't need it - but ISA is indispensable, IMHO. If one of 'em goes, it should be Come. Lindsey not doing ISA, a showpiece, would be like Stevie not doing Edge of Seventeen for her solo shows. Also, I love seeing how he's changed it from previous tours - there's always tweaks with each new go 'round on the road.

I'm very excited to hear the new songs!

Last edited by sodascouts; 09-10-2008 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: Careless error.