View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

b102.7 Sioux Falls Classic Rock

http://www.b1027.com/index.php?optio...4582&Itemid=74

Buckingham Rocks on New Album

Fans who were confused by the unusual mellow vibe of Lindsey Buckingham's last album are going to be pleasantly surprised with his new album, Gift Of Screws, which features numerous layers of hard driving electric guitar.

Buckingham was asked if he'd ever been jealous of his late '70s colleagues Peter Frampton and Neal Schon, who came to symbolize the guitar heroes of the era, while his own groundbreaking work was buried under the drama of the Fleetwood Mac myth: "To some degree, the way the average person judges guitar is sort of guitar for its own sake. And I guess, I've always tried to make guitar in service of the song, and maybe that makes it a little less obvious to the average listener. Part of what I judge success as being, in terms of good record making is when the guitar work -- or any instrumentation kind of melds to the song and becomes not something that you're aware of, just becomes part and parcel with the whole."

Gift Of Screws comes out on Tuesday (September 16th) and features appearances by Fleetwood Mac bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie.

Lindsey Buckingham performs tonight (September 12th) in Stateline, Nevada at Harrah's Lake Tahoe.