View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think it's a pretty solid album - but one that's way to short for my liking.... It needs one maybe two more tracks to it... It's over too soon leaving me wanting more! I suppose that's a good thing. I was hoping for an itunes bonus, but nope!

The only two songs I'm not 100% sold on YET are Time Precious Time and Treason. TPT I think his guitar playing is absolutely brilliant on it and I could just listen to that! I just can't mesh his playing with the vocals... I'm sure it will grow on me with repeated listens...

Treason - to me sounds a bit draggy, needs the pace picked up abit... Nothing wrong with the music, his playing or the lyrics, just the overall pace of it is abit slow for my taste, but I'll find something in it to like, I usually do if something doesn't grab me at first.

The rest...

Great Day - I think its a neat song - it's groovy in a subtle way with his rapid tapping...

Did You Miss Me - I've loved this song since I first heard it... Probably the most universally accessible song on the disc, I can see why they stuck this one out there to radio. Could end up a classic like Trouble.

Wait For You - Can't complain about this at all.... Great full sound & backed up by Mick and John - what more could you ask for.. This would sound great live.

Love Runs Deeper - I love that army of guitars sound that comes at you in the chorus....

Bel Air Rain - Perfect! This one needs to be played really really loud! There's no beat in the song except for the clicking sound, but man is this one HOT! And the ending is beyond.

The Right Place To Fade - I've always liked it, but it's hard to listen to it with new ears since i've heard it so much. Same with Gift of Screws... I love it with all the weird sounds he makes with his screaming & yelping and I'm happy to finally know what the hell he's saying!

Underground - Probably my favorite on the cd - just a lovely song.

Overall, a nice mix of songs with some similar to UTS and others more upbeat rock songs... I like it!