View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I've been thinking more about Time Precious Time and while I don't LOVE it, I've been trying to put it in some sort of context. I listened to it this morning in the car all the way through. I was supposing this song could be a sort of "memorial." Those who have lost loved ones, as Lindsey has lost his parents, his brother and others in his life he has cared greatly about, those could be the precious times referenced.

You can bring anything you want to music when you listen to it, just as Lindsey does when he writes it. One could argue the song might reference his brother Greg with the water and flowing references. (And one could be totally wrong!) If we ever lost a member of Fleetwood Mac Time Precious Time would certainly serve as an appropriate tribute. As much as they all "disagree," and have disparaged each other over the years, in the end, the feeling remains: it's "time precious time" to each of them.

While I am still impatient with the song, I do appreciate the sounds Lindsey can get out of a guitar. One would expect that sound out of a harp, but he's created that sound by hand on a guitar! As I said to a friend, "can YOU do that?" I respect the song and what he created. Just don't expect me to play it EVERY TIME I listen to the album!

While it is pathetic that so many people won't ever hear this album for all the politicial reasons in the music business, for whatever keeps so much music from being heard, I'm seriously pleased.

To the left, to the right, up & down, in & out . . . and around. That's right baby!

I don't mean to sound morbid but you know what is strange, and correct me if I'm wrong, but every person who has ever been a member of Fleetwood Mac is still alive?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.