View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wldhrt315 View Post
Last Tuesday, I went to 3 different Borders and was told that they send the posters back to the record company when they are done promoting the new release. At the 1st store, the lady told me it would be stealing if they gave me the poster! Grrr. I drove around for almost 2 hours and was not successful. However, I know of others who were successful.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I was told a similar story. Because it has the word BORDERS on the bottom and a photo of the CD, it is copyrighted they can't give it away nor can they sell it. (HUH? Everything in that store is copyrighted.)

Then she said it was the property of the record company...so I asked if they will send it back...she said no...it will be "destroyed".

I asked "How?"

"We throw it away."

"Can I stand by the dumpster on the day it goes?"

"Our dumpsters are padlocked."

I explained that the record company isn't promoting the Cd and that I belong to an internet site devoted to Fleetwood Mac. A guy on the board told us about the poster. A Borders store in NY took the guys' name and phone number. And plans to give it to him when the promo is finished. (I have no idea where your Borders store is located, AliceLover...)

I pointed out that the poster says Borders not Warners or Reprise, so I think it's a Borders poster.

I smiled, I was polite, I joked, I tried my level best to be sweet, & understanding... The most I could get her to do, was take my name, address and phone number. The manager is supposed to get back to me.

It is a cool poster.

I will keep you posted, (bad pun intended) if I get the call. She wasn't very encouraging though, so maybe they get a lot inquiries...and maybe these Borders employees have strict guidelines, and are company men & women who love their jobs...

I did have my black UTS T-shirt on and did point that out to her. She wasn't impressed.

So I can only conclude ---
(Damn you diet & exercise! You're not working!)

Last edited by Betsy; 09-20-2008 at 11:38 PM..