Old 09-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
It is possible to be both - in fact, it often is

She said this? I am getting old
Stevie told Off The Record:

Quote:
To break up with somebody and see them the next morning in the, hotel breakfast room, possibly with another person, uh, was about as difficult a situation as you could impossibly imagine. And for me to walk into a -- to the breakfast room and see Lindsey sitting with a girl-- I mean it was a, an instant U-turn in the first place, and uh, I mean it was- it was enough to make me absolutely ill.
But Christine also told Rolling Stone that Stevie was jealous when Lindsey went out and started getting girlfriends. Of course, Stevie has always told us how jealous Lindsey was of her boyfriends. Don Henley's flowers, etc.

Yes, it's possible to be both petty and human, but saying that working with someone felt like having a wound continually opened is not petty, so much as a just a description of a painful situation. Now, if he'd said he did not work on a song of hers, that would have been petty, but he never said he didn't and Stevie has said he wouldn't work on a song of hers because he was angry. She said there were 50 songs of hers that were awful because he never worked on them, but she never said which 50 songs they were. So, I have absolutely no proof of the pettiness.

As far as what others contribute to the album, we know a lot about what everyone contributes. They talk about it pretty frequently. I mean they will talk about how the different musical parts came together and have also talked about Stevie definitely not having a role in it. Christine said that Stevie felt left out because of it, because they would tell her not to sing now, because they were still working on the music and Stevie had nothing to do. Stevie herself said that they would leave her in a room for hours and forget she was there, because they were all working on the music. And if Stevie had been contributing anything other than vocals to Lindsey's songs, she would have been talking about it non-stop.

Now, we've discussed the group work on The Chain. I've never heard her say she did anything to Lindsey's songs except sequence them on the album. I remember her saying she dragged Lindsey and made him do back up vocals on Christine's song though. That's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Nah - most guys want the b*tch who dumped them to suffer no matter in what way and however unrelated

I doubt that's universally true, but you do put me in mind of this She Daisy song where they talk about trashing the ex-boyfriend's car, taking some keys to it. Also, there's a more recent song. I think the one that goes, "next time maybe he'll think before he sleeps" says something about destroying the guy's car too.

Michele