View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Yes, but I don't think this was a problem, after all Martin Celmins and Pete Moody are good friend and as far as I'm concerned, they worked together on the (great) biography of Duster Bennett.

Mario.
Everything happening to PG always seem to come to a dramatic end and fade out in enigma. Since Martin Celmins were not just PG's biographer but also sometimes involved in the Splintergroup concerts, you never know what side he falls down on after the big dramatic split-up with lawsuits and all that jazz. And it would be such a shame if this had ruined this relationship as well. So this interview in Record Collector is good news, indeed.

The Duster Bennett bio is very good. I am re-reading it at the moment. There is so much information in it. I wonder whether there will be a definite work about british blues coming from Celmins sometime in the future. Somebody should write it. Christopher Hjort has - in his own original way - almost done it. Something along the lines of The Restless Generation by Pete Frame which is about british Popular Music in the fifties would be great.

Ms Moose