View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Snoot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoot View Post
Well guys let's just keep in mind I've seen Peter Green perform live and at his peak with PGFM, on a number of occasions. Not all that many here can say that.
Yeah, few people here saw Peter with FMac. Still, most of us got to "know" him from that era ... that's how we discovered Peter first: Black Magic Woman, Albatross, Oh Well...

The "Peter Green" we first knew was the young guitar hero. But as mentioned by others here, we know that he is not that kind of player today. He has developed an entirely new approach to playing .. a new style of lead guitar. And people here appreachiate what he's doing now. He has no interest in being a guitar hero ... there is no "task" to be up to if you realise that. In spite of (or because of) his illness, he has developed. (while other "guitar heroes" sound like lame copies of themselves from the 60s ... but let's not get into that one again..)

Quote:
Passion aside, Dansven needs to recognize that while we may all be hip to Green's longstanding condition, others visiting the Ledge and reading our comments may not be. The guest percentages versus members at any given time often hovers around 4 to 1 (and sometimes greater), so most comments here reach a larger audience than just those who make up the membership cadre.
Why write such a post just because some "bad showbiz dudes" check the Ledge now and then...
Btw, Peter lives in 2009 like the rest of us .. and he probably got his own laptop too! His family and relatives are visiting the Ledge.

Quote:
No offense was aimed at Peter in what I wrote.
Quote:
Also a cursory look at my previous posts would show I am anything but a troll, and probably deserve more consideration than a reactionary tongue-lashing that includes an "evil" descriptor.
Ok, I'm sure you're no troll. But really, what did you expect?? Can't you see that calling Peter Green "flotsam" would cause reactions??? Calling anybody "flotsam"?? This is after all a "Peter Green Forum"?!?! He wasn't "taking up space on stage" with the Splinter Group at all.

Last edited by dansven; 01-13-2009 at 05:40 PM..