View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti View Post
okay, so we're discussing boutique amps. Santana recently switched from Boogies to Dumble, I sure can't tell the difference.

I have no idea what Dumble's are, but since Mesa Boogie were the first "boutique" amp company to become successful from the late 70's, I don't understand this comparison. You mean all boutique amps are alike?

Quote:
Another friend owns a Victoria 4x10', the thing is a bit better than a Fender reissue but rattles at high volumes and nobody knows why or how to fix it, now to the flipside of the story.
I don't care about that amp, I want to know about their 35W combo tube amp the Victorilux. That amp would be heaven on earth for the likes of Keith Richards, Joe Walsh (when he cared before he joined the devil (Eagles)), and Peter Green.

Quote:
I already mentioned the WEM Dominator, another great amp is the Epiphone valvejunior ( supercheap), crate made a few really good ones and don't forget the Digital Hybrid amps ( Line 6, etc) . I saw Tom Anderson ( Dwight Yokam) using a $350 Epiphone Hollowbody and a Line 6 and he sounded spectacular. my favorite amps are regular Fenders from back in the day, they always sound good. Boutique amps are attractive to people who like to blame it on the gear.
Just my 2 cents

Now this is useful information. I will pass it along.

Last edited by slipkid; 02-26-2009 at 08:33 AM..