Thread: Keeping Secrets
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
She could have done a few intimate solo shows, within driving distance of her home, to promote 'In the Meantime,' but she didn't.

I think we won't see Christine on stage again. (Boo hoo hoo.)

But then again, nobody expected 'In the Meantime' and she surprised us with a truly great album.

So ... never say never.
If the band ever did a one-off career retrospective show in London with Peter, Jeremy, the Bobs, Stevie, Lindsey, Billy, and Rick (maybe Bekka), then I firmly believe that she'd take an active part in that. Just looking at all of those ITM videos, and seeing the pictures of Mick and John on the walls, I think it's obvious that the band is still very much a part of her life.

But, I doubt that a show like that will ever happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
She is old now. But I don't think she had all those fears in the 70s. Not that strong at least. I think her husband (John) should realize if that was true. Fears grow when you get older. My aunt used to travel alone. Since she was in her late 60s, she was afraid of airports where nobody speaks spanish, something she never was afraid of before. So i think it's true except for the "keeping big secrets from us all the many years"
I don't think John was that attentive, but they may not have been as bad in the '70s either. It's amazing how not scared you can get when self-medicating.

THE Stephen Hopkins