View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Well - just a question, really.....Did anyone here attend?........Manfred?

Ms Moose
This is a post from the Blindman's Blues Forum concerning the Hannover concert:

On Thursday night we saw Peter Green & Friends live in the Bluesgarage Hannover, Germany. I always wanted to see him as heīs one of my favourite guitar greats. I knew that I couldnīt expect too much, but it turned out to be some of the saddest things Iīve ever witnessed. There he sat heavily signed with the traces of time, happily smiling when he played something right or when he could follow a song. What he had, the special thing in every single note he played which every great guitarist has, is now nearly completely gone. From time to time he obviously was absent. The band did everything to comfort and to follow him and to turn things into a musical correct way. As I said - it really was bitter.
A friend of ours who knows him from the past talked to him later and said it took him some time to make clear what he was talking about. His remembrance has big gaps and he has to have quite a lot medical treatment. Our friend who is an old hippie said he sat there the whole evening trying to send good vibes to the stage to help this guy whom he always admired to get through the evening.
In some way Iīm glad that I saw one of my personal heroes, in another way Iīm really, really sad īcause this went straight to the heart

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be nice if someone here sees him this month, who also saw him in February. I would like to read about any differences or not.