View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
The were a bunch of walking noseholes.
"It has taken 10 years for everyone to get back on speaking terms. After the band split in 1987, its members pursued solo careers, until last summer, when a three Million-selling reunion album, The Dance, was followed by a sold-out US tour. The album won them three Grammy nominations, including Best Pop LP; the winners will be announced on February 25. All were in fine fettle on the tour, helped, Nicks says in her California-by-way-of-Phoenix whisper, by the fact that they are drug-free now. She hasn't touched anything for 12 years, since her doctor explained to her the damage a million dollars'worth of coke had done after daily ingestion for 15 years. 'Here, give me your pen." She leans over and makes a little sketch of two noses. "That's the hole in Chris's nose and that's the hole in my nose The first is a tiny dot, the other the size of a 10p piece. "You could put a big gold ring through my septum. It affects my eyes, my sinuses. It was a lot of fun for a long time, because we didn't know it was bad. But eventually it gets hold of you and all you can think about is where your next line is coming from." One 28-day stay in rehab in 1985 was sufficient to straighten her out. She was so "horrified" by the body search she was forced to undergo when she arrived at the Betty Ford Clinic that she resolved on the spot never to do coke again."

Stevie Nicks interview in The Guardian newspaper, 1998.