Thread: Penguin
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Penguin

I just got this CD today - the last of the pre rumours albums that I needed. I forgot about it and didn't get around to getting it for a while. Thought we could talk about the album a little.

I love Remember Me...my favorite by Christine on this album. I like all her tunes on this though - wish she had more space on the record.

This might be my least favorite album for Bob Welch stuff though...or I may just need to get time to get into his stuff more. Revelation is my fav. of his for now.

I love the album ending with Caught in the Rain...

Dave Walker wise - I HATE Road Runner. I really hate it. Might be the worst song under the Fleetwood Mac title. The vocal just isn't FM to me. On the other hand, I LOVE The Derelict. Simple song but great lyrics. Maybe my favorite on the album. I'm getting the feeling that it might not be too popular though.

Compared to it's peers, I like it better than Bare Trees. However I don't care for Kirwan very much so that might be why. Not as good as MTM, and not as good as Heroes, but close. It's a good album but has it's weak spots. IMO - as good as Future Games. Chris shines more on this CD than she did on Future Games. Worth many listens for sure though.

What are your thoughts on the album?

Last edited by nailatixela; 07-11-2009 at 04:14 PM..