View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sure, Time isn't the "cohesive" album it could've been. The alternate running order I painstakingly culled helps that a bit (see below)...but, there's also the history of how Time came about that added to the disjointedness that it became.

(Sorry to be redundant, but there still a few people who don't know this)

The original album that Fleetwood Mac submitted to the record company was titled Another Link In The Chain and was scheduled to be released in either November or December 1994 (in time for the Christmas rush). It was done by the then TOURING Fleetwood Mac band (no Christine McVie)...all Billy, Bekka & Dave tunes. It wasn't until the record company used a "small print" clause in FMac's contract with something about CONTRACTUALLY Christine McVie had to be involved, that they shelved the original album and went back in the studio to add Christine's tunes and revamp the album that was released in October 1995 that we now know as Time.

(WB did a similar thing with Eric Clapton's 1985 album Behind The Sun...rejecting it and making Clapton record a number of new, record company supplied, songs, before they would ok its release...one of which was the song "Something's Happening" with one Lindsey Buckingham on acoustic guitar)

My "alternate" Time running order:

I DO
TALKIN' TO MY HEART
I WONDER WHY
WINDS OF CHANGE
SOONER OR LATER
DREAMING THE DREAM

NIGHTS IN ESTORIL
NOTHING WITHOUT YOU
BLOW BY BLOW
I GOT IT IN FOR YOU
HOLLYWOOD (SOME OTHER KIND OF TOWN)