View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Christine in Canterbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oooh, you are so lucky to have seen Christine. I would have just been staring at her the whole time and not listened to Mick's band at all. Of course, it would have been behavior like mine that pushed her to retire in the first place! Michele
Christine was in the audience for Mick Fleetwoods Blues Band concert in Canterbury this year. I spotted her arrive at the theatre whilst the Support band were on. I went outside the theatre for some air as it was stuffy in side. It was kind of dark outside but I noticed this woman pass by the front entrance. It was Chris, but before I realised who it was she went in the stage door. I met her on the way out after the show. I dashed outside quickly as soon as Mick bashed the last drum of the night. I seemed to be one of the first people to exit. I was very lucky to meet Christine as she was about to leave in a car. I ran over to the car and just asked if I could have an autograph. She said sure if your quick as she wants to leave before the crowds start exiting the theatre. I wasn't really ready as my albums were in my bag and my pen somewhere in there also! I scrambled about in there trying to find the pen! She was very warm, kind and patient with me. I was the only one that seemd to recognise her!? Eventually got my self sorted and she signed 2 albums and said Thanks to me and I gave her a hug and peck on the cheek. She was lovely and sweet. A VERY special moment. After that she was gone before anyone else noticed who it was. I was on a high from that meeting and then I went inside the theatre to meet Mick. He is just the nicest person ever. Again. so patient with everybody. A true gentleman.