View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Well its just I feel Tonights the Night is too good to be in the "and more" section. It's top 5 of all time by any artist for me. On the Beach and Time Fades also awseome but I had to pick my battle and only felt like bitching about TTN All three of those are better then the three Eagles albums you felt compelled to actually list
The whole ditch trilogy of On The Beach, Tonight's The Night and Time Fades Away are easily my favourite Neil albums. For me those albums epitomise everything great about Neil Young, that's why I was surprised to see On The Beach described as "meh" but, like I said, I guess it's all what you're into. If you're a Harvest fan I guess those are pretty dark albums to get into but I agree with you, they are top five for me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Revolution Blues is questionably my favorite Neil Young song ever.
I love it too. I went through a period a few years back of just playing it over and over again, which is pretty depressing in a way considering the subject matter But the lyrics are just brilliant. I also love Ambulance Blues, getting to hear him play that live last year brought tears to my eyes, it was so good.