Thread: What if?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
With all apologies to Jeremy Spencer, I think his time was up by 1970, and he had felt excluded for a long time. I think Peter's sudden departure put pressure on Spencer to stay longer than he wanted in the band. If Peter had not left 5/70, I think Spencer would've left in a more formal fashion to leave an opening for Christine McVie (Perfect).
I dunno about that, though. I think she would've happily retired and Jeremy's part of the set would've been filled with more jamming. If anything, I think they would've become the English equivalent of the Allman Bros., which isn't a bad thing by a long shot. I think the better "What If" is what if they had actually played Woodstock? Would it have helped them, or would it have hurt Santana and Ten Years After?

Quote:
Personally, this band would've been a member of the rock music ladder of great bands. The Rumours band is The Eagles, Jackson Browne, and other assorted California rock from that period.
To say I don't agree would be an understatement. Fleetwood Mac back then was also connected to the likes of Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Brian Wilson, Ron Wood, Rod Stewart, the Everly Bros., and George Harrison. That's what set them apart from the Eagles, Jackson Browne, et. al.

Quote:
Very pop, very popular, and very successful, but not Peter Green Fleetwood Mac great.
Yeah, but it stopped be that immediately after Peter quit. I mean, that first album with Stevie and Lindsey wasn't too far removed musically from Kiln House or Bare Trees.

THE Stephen Hopkins