View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by michelej1
There is an old lady face in Lindsey and Stevie's clasped hands. Go get your album and turn it sideways and stare real hard.

Michele
Does the old lady only have one eye? That's about all I can make out of an old lady face on the Mirage LP cover. Is this a long-known 'Mirage' hidden pic I didn't hear about? I don't see a baby at all upside down, but am really trying to see the old lady sideways. Maybe it was only on the first printing of the albums? Oh shoot, I just flipped it over, this is a Columbia House version, which wouldn't be an earliest printing of the cover. Maybe Columbia House only sprung for one aged eye and not an entire old lady face.
My original 'Mirage' lp is long-gone in LA, this is a replaced vinyl copy from a used record shop. And while I'm now more familiar, with time, to the second 'Straight Back' from later LP pressings, and then the cd copy, I do think I did prefer the original, less vocally cluttered 'SB' from the Mirage I bought in LA the day it was released. That original 'Straight Back' is kind of hard to come by now, isn't it?

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-27-2009 at 10:02 AM..