View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You're welcome, doodyhead
Indeed Peter has a voice full of emotions.
I can't think of many others who can sing like he does on "You'll Be Sorry Someday" and "Cruel Contradictions" and so on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
I can't hear what he is saying either, but it is great that he can allow himself to be spontaneous. Somehow Oh Well and Rattlesnake are not in his voice level (it's become deeper of course), but what the hell. He seems to take it humorously (around 00:30).
I agree that "Oh Well" and "Rattlesnake Shake" don't fit his present voice that well. I thought the same when Splinter Group did "Rattlesnake". But still great to hear. This one is a bit more loose than with the SG ... more similar to how it was done with F.Mac.

I remember when Peter was with the Splinter Group. He sometimes used to switch the line about Mick to fit their drummer, Larry Tolfree. He'd sing "I know this guy, his name is Larry..." and then something more that I don't remember, which rhymed with "Larry". It was cool! I have it on bootleg someplace.

Anyway, the other "new" songs with the Friends really suit his present voice and singing. Excellent stuff!