View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
Dear Friends,

Did you ever want to reunite with your college roommates and do what you did back then again?

Jeremy Spencer is a consumate slide player who can front his own band of his own choosing. What he chooses to do is his own. I find it hard to believe that any of our thoughts and wishes are the same as his. As far as his ego in this... He is a performer and he wouldn't be one without a ego. Mick one would suppose has one too and I am not entirely sure that when FM was formed that it was based on wht Mick thought should happen.

sincerely,

vinnie c
I think you may have missed the point. What seems to me to be the focus of the discussion is whether or not Jeremy and Mick would play on the same bill or even share the same stage again. If that were to happen, there would be the obvious expectation that at least a few FM songs would be played. Not that it necessarily would need to be the entire focus of the set list, but strictly by virtue of the fact that you would have 2 of the "original" members of FM on the same stage, the expectation would exist that a few of the old FM songs would be played.

My point is that I don't think that will ever happen because Jeremy doesn't seem to have any nostalgia whatsoever for that time in his life. So be it.

As you say, Jeremy is a consumate slide player and fully capable of fronting his own band. What I think is the focus here is whether or not he and Mick would play together. Mick is obviously willing. Given the opportunity, I personally believe, Mick would re-unite the original FM and play until his arms fell off. He obviously has a desire to rekindle that era of his life, thus the formation of the MFBB.

As far as college mates are concerned, I meet or at least have contact with a fair number of them regularly. We don't do what we used to. We've "grown up" as it were. We do, however, have a great time talking about what happened in our past and "re-living" it in that way at least. I honestly don't think any of my old mates would be interested in actually doing some of the things we used to do back in those days. We're older men with families now, not young/stupid kids who think we're indestructible.

Honestly, I know we will never see an onstage or studio reunion of the original FM. It just won't happen. It is nice to dream, but really, that's all it will ever be. That era of FM has come and gone, never to be seen again. Sad, but true.