View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Carol said Desi was like a mother to her and Lindsey. Sounds like the makings of a great sitcom. The rock star, his beautiful girlfriend, and the crazy housekeeper who keeps them all in line.

Michele
LOVE IT!!

"It's Not THAT Funny, Is It?" starring Bill Hader from SNL as LB, who never speaks. He just sits around and doodles on the guitar, humming and making funny facial expressions while Carol Ann dresses up like Stevie all the time, wandering from room to room, in flowing black chiffon proclaiming her birthday is May 26th and how she should be a model since she looks just like Stevie Nicks. Wanda Sykes could play Desi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'd say the book was definitely an interesting read because it had a lot of information on things we would otherwise not know about. However, I dislike her quite obvious subjective portrayal of events: she's the innocent angel and everyone else has issues. I don't respect people who shade over their own transgressions when writing autobiographically. If you've chosen to go down that path, do it completely and fairly or don't do it at all. And if you must hide the horrible stuff then don't bring up everybody else's because it's too obvious.

Stevie came off as a flake in the truest sense. And I'm sure that wasn't by accident.

I thought Lindsey came off very human. He definitely had/has issues, but that is par for the course with brilliant artists. They are so fascinatingly screwed up in many ways. Anyway, I'll always adore the fact that he has said nothing about this and continues to live his life without a care in the world about CAH or her book.

I forgot how the other members were depicted, but I think I remember Dennis Wilson being a manwhore of sorts, or was that someone else's book?
Oh yeah? I would bet the lawyers had been all over that book like white on rice forever....the really good stuff may have been left out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That was in this book, although he may have been portrayed the same way in others. CAH said that Dennis lied and told Christine that he slept with CAH, when he really hadn't.

Michele
Bwaaa! About that ocean front property in Arizona...