View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default So true

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
Yes it is a shame that side 1 is the way it is. The masters probably don't exist anymore. There were a couple of other songs that I really liked that I felt should have been on the record. Michael Fogarty wrote both of them and had some soulfull slide work from Jeremy. One was called Starlit Skyway and the other was Declaration of Love. Simon Phillips did nice drum work on both. If I could get my hands on the masters I'd remix them myself. So much wasted potential! Take care!
-gman
There is so much behind this disaster that would take a book (almost) to write! The A&R fellows of Atlantic told us originally that after they had signed up Abba (which was huge at the time), that they hated their music and worked on them (hence the Eagle) and wanted to do the same with us!
(Hated their music, and so...? Do I read between the lines?)
Hence the first side. The only redeeming factor was the work with Gene Paul (Les Paul's son) in a second rate studio in LA on some of the second side. He had remarkable sensitivity to where we wanted to go and I was happy with that.
Overall, the album is far from musically fulfilling for me and a work I'd sooner forget. I wish the masters had burned like the 72 album!