View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Ask any of the band members. For the most part, they acknowledge that it was a wrong move. I recall Christine saying they didn't know what to do with him -- as is evident on his limited participation on the Penguin album. Not to disparrage Dave, but he wasn't the right fit for the band dynamic.
Look I know I'm the local Dave Walker fan club so my opinion is biased and I know I defend Dave at any opportunity (someone has to he's the pre-rumours equivalent of Bekka Bramlett)....

BUT

IMHO Dave Walker joining FM was a very good idea that didn't work for a variety of reasons...rather than a bad idea that shouldn't have happened.

The potential that Dave had (has) correctly channelled and nutured would have been fantastic. He was perhaps too late though for Fleetwood Mac...imagine a Walker, Kirwan and Spencer Fleetwood Mac!!!

Oh and one final thing before I shut up - Penguin was a very good album. A brilliant album. I know it is all about opinions and we each can have one even if they aren't right () but it constantly annoys the hell out of me that Penguin gets so easily dismissed.

On a more positive note I agree with you that these albums (although I've never liked Bare Trees personally) are a great period in Fleetwood Mac history. So much talent, so much happening, such fantastic albums. Oh and far too short a time period, especially the Mr Welch era.

I too would love to come across a Penguin era bootleg although I am yet to find one. Obviously I would love to hear that certain someone sing more than two songs!