View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You can strike "ZZ" from the thread title -- just like they did with the Kansas State Fair, ZZ Top is cancelling this engagement to hook up with the Tom Petty tour.

When the bearded boys stiffed the Kansas St. Fair, it eliminated the MFBB's appearance (the tickets were sold as a double bill), but thankfully, it looks like MFBB is still scheduled at Telluride.

http://www.telluridenews.com/article...2078745384.txt

ZZ TOP cancels Telluride visit

Much to the dismay of ‘70s hard rock fans, ZZ Top has cancelled its stop in Telluride for the Blues & Brews Festival in September.

The band, known for their long beards, dark shades and black clothes, has cancelled 22 tour dates this fall in order to tour with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

“This has never happened to me in 17 years,” said the festival’s producer Steve Gumble.

Tom Petty is touring the United States this summer and into the fall to support the upcoming release of his new album “Mojo.”

ZZ Top announced on May 17 they would be sharing the stage with Petty beginning Sept. 16 in Tampa through Sept. 26 in Phoenix.

“I don’t think they were being very up front and honest with these 22 promoters at the same time knew they were negotiating with Petty,” Gumble said. “That’s not the way I do business.”

Gumble and his crew are now brainstorming and looking at all their options to find Friday night’s headliner.

Artists who are still confirmed to play at Blues & Brews include BB King, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, Galactic, Allen Toussaint, JJ Grey and Mofro and Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears.

ZZ Top is looking a bit stinky with these late cancellations. But of course they always looked a bit stinky............

EDIT: On, no, this is making me nervous........the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band is no longer listed at the Festival website!
http://www.tellurideblues.com/

Last edited by OldTimer; 06-04-2010 at 02:00 PM..