View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I voted "No." Otherwise, aren't there many musicians who should also be considered members? Do we have the names of all of the members of the 1979 USC band? For me, it's Mick & John and the singer/songwriters. Perhaps I am misunderstanding Bob's contribution to the band, but if he only played on a few recorded tracks, that's not enough to rate him above other musicians who did the same.

p.s. -- My dream of a Mac reunion album with ALL the past members would not necessitate a return of Bob Brunning, for example. ... In fact, I'd prefer the return the of USC marching band.
Surely though, he was actually hired as a member of the band (admittedly a temporary one) rather than as a session musician or a backing musician. It doesn't matter that he was only there for a few short months...

Otherwise, where do you draw the line? If a few months isn't enough, then does Dave Walker count? How many months/years are required for someone to be classified as a band member?

How many songs does someone have to contribute to? Would he be considered more important (and more of a band member) if he had been a vocalist rather than the bass player?