View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yo, Ohio. Good post. I'm not going to quote the whole thing because you know why you rock.

My issue isn't with friends telling friends that if they're going to complain, they need to start acting, though. My issue is with this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
what a mess this turned into.

FWIW, i agree with this, and i took this as less a comment on her weight and more as a comment on her wardrobe, which, much like stevie's, does not flatter her figure.

... the fact that the original comment was, like you said, about iamnotafraid not liking Ann's wardrobe choices. When he was called out on that, though, a new front came out, the "I'm concerned for her health" front.

I really f*cking hate the "I'm concerned for her health" front.

No, random person on the street complaining about fat people, you're not mad because this girl you don't know is setting herself up for heart disease and type II diabetes. I don't hear you complaining about that pretty little anorexic cocktail waitress who served you drinks last night. Unless, of course, her bones were showing. Then it's just gross. Then she needs help.

The truth is, eating problems are fine as long as the woman courting them is, too. So no, you're not mad that fat people are hurting their health, you're mad because you have to look at fat people, and damn, when they don't wear clothes that hide the fat, you have to see it EVEN MORE! So own up to it when you're called out, don't hide behind a facade that you're just a concerned citizen. Or, if you're going to hide behind that facade, please don't torture me by going on about the importance of real talk and honesty about people with weight problems. I live in a city of hipsters. There's only so much irony I can take in one day.
You're so like me

Last edited by LikeAWillow; 06-29-2010 at 05:42 PM..