View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
the artist(s) rarely had any input into the releases made by the record company that claimed to represent them. As such it was up to Mike Vernon and later Ciifford Davis ($%^$%$%^) who decided what was released and to whom.
In that spirit The band in question whether it be FM or the Beatles had no idea what was going to be put out in their name. Fleetwood Mac, the bar band, however knew exactly who they were and what they played in a show. You ask anyone who saw them back then and they were "the Live Act". not the record company's product.
as such Fleetwood Mac, Mr Wonderful. English Rose, Then Play On, Blues Jam in Chicago, and Pious Bird of Good Omen can stand on their own.
Yes, yes, it's very well known that the record companies in those days to a high degree put out stuff without the artists having much to say.
But to say that the Beatles didn't have much to say about what songs were put on their UK releases ("Hard Day's Night", "Rubber Soul", "Revolver" etc...), I cannot agree with. On the other hand, just a quick glance at the tracklist of say "Yesterday And Today" reveals that it is a compilation of several albums and singles. And yes, the Beatles probably had nothing to say regarding the songs on this release.

The same goes with Fleetwood Mac. I mean, they recorded a bunch of songs in 1968, and put them out as "Mr. Wonderful". This is an album, and it was produced to sound like old Chess/blues recordings. "English Rose" was released much later, in 1969! It was put together by including some of the "old style" recordings of "Mr. Wonderful", plus the Albatross single and a few songs by the new member, Kirwan. A compilation! But it's nothing wrong with that, and I don’t mean to taunt this LP because I know ”English Rose” means a lot to many of you. I started my earlier post ”With all respect…” and I mean to offence no one!

But what chiliD said.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Actually, I would include English Rose and not Mr Wonderful or Pious Bird....,
....is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Don't give a flying f*** what was "intended" or any **** like that. It is what Fleetwood Mac's official second album was to the US audience....like it or not, that's a f***ing fact.
This guy really need to start behaving like a grown up.
What's the problem?!?

Last edited by dansven; 09-01-2010 at 03:36 AM..