View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Yet here we are waiting... anxiously... for them to record more new material. The reason the music industry will take whatever they can get is because the music industry is almost dead- it will take anything it can sell. And because old people have not caught onto illegal downloading like the youngsters, chances are that FM would actually sell legitimate, physical copies of their product, especially if given enhanced retailing strategies, e.g., exclusive WalMart distribution. Nobody has been less prolific than the Eagles, yet, 27 years after their last album, Long Road Out of Eden flew off WalMart shelves... and it was a horrendous album to boot!
Of course We're waiting anxiously, we're fans! I meant record companies/execs may not always be waiting around for them. I just think there have been so many missed opportunities. I really don't know if a new album would sell well or not. Of course, I'll buy it, no matter what. I just wish Fleetwood Mac would get it together and record before record companies decide to no longer release music. I can see it coming to that.