View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

My first digital camera was/is a Nikon. I still have it. It has a small screen, view finder & 3X zoom. It was starting to make a grinding noise. I thought it was getting ready to go, so I got the Pentax. It had a better zoom 5X, but it's not working now. I've kind of lost faith in Pentax. My first film camera was a Pentax, had it for years & gave it to my brother since he was really into photography. I don't buy a camera just to take pics @ concerts. (I only went to one concert last year.) And I take all kinds of pics, family, my dog, scenic, etc. I just got the Canon yesterday. It's bigger than a typical point & shoot & looks like a DSLR. I got it right out of the box & used it right away. It has great zoom on it. I took pics of my dog & husband (in that order ) & I didn't even need the flash in the house which I normal need. The pics were good. Most digital cameras work the same; a few have more bells & whistles on them than others. This one will take me awhile to get use to all the settings & different modes, but in general I like it. We will see how it does @ concerts & of course that depends on where I'm sitting.

Lee