View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Even though I've yet to purchase the other 3 remastered/extended albums, I hate that they appeared to have stopped with Tusk.

I suppose the first 3 didn't sell that well?
I don't understand the concern about the re-releases selling well. These are older albums -- they are not going to bust up the charts. It's a matter of expectations and one of principle.

I have hundreds of CDs of old albums that have been re-released, revamped and with bonus tracks. Most of them are vastly obscure in comparison to prominent albums such as Mirage and Tango in the Night.

These CDs are released, not with intent to sell big, but to appeal to a niche fan base. You can safely say that a band on the level of Fleetwood Mac is anything but a niche fan base. So why are they deemed exempt??

I wonder if any the boutique labels that specialize in this market have ever approached Warner Brothers (or whoever owns the rights) to lease out the rights to Fleetwood Mac music to release their albums? That's best case senario. Otherwise, Warner Brothers seems completely ambivilant.

Perhaps we should start a ground-swell, and bombard Warner with our collective power, and demand them to do the right thing, because there are many fans that want these things, and they disrespecting the historical significance of one of their cash-cows!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-31-2011 at 07:50 PM..