View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You're right. There so far hasn't been a Boston '79 soundboard. But who knows? Mobile 1980 didn't surface until several years after the main deluge of soundboards, thanks to DavidMN. Sydney '80 wasn't part of that main deluge, either. Maureen sent me the tape, & I passed it around. She had no plans to sell it on eBay (like all the others) because she had several others from that time frame already burned to disc (Yokohama, Melbourne).

So maybe somebody had Boston all this time & has only now decided to circulate it. I think the only other audio soundboard from 1979 is St. Louis (although the Landover video can technically also be called a soundboard audio).

I'm very familiar with the old Boston audience recording, by the way, Al, & I don't think it sounds like anything special technically. Great show, though, along with Providence & the two circulating shows from the Forum. (Those are soundboards we could really use because they both feature the Trojan Marching Band on Tusk.)
Thank you for the compliment. Its so interesting how I came across all those soundboards. Someone you and others here I'm sure know, Frank Harding lived here in Minneapolis for a time back in 1998-1999. my friend and I got to know him and we would go over to his house and hang out and look at his impressive collection of stuff. One time I was over there he handed me this box of tapes that he had. He said "it's stuff Mick gave to me years ago." so these tapes were probably Mick's personal copies of soundboards. He said I could make copies of all the shows if I wanted to. the only stupulation he had is that I organize them for him and that any copies I made for myself I wouldnt trade for at leat 2 years, which I honored. How the shows, which included, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, and Nashville from 1977, Baton Rouge from 1978, Mobile from 1980, and I think 3 or 4 each from the Mirage and Tango tours, got out into circulation is that, once I organized them and gave them back to Frank, he went out to NYC to that lady, and I cant remember her name right off hand, who was selling stuff back then, she got them out into circulation. That's pretty uch the story. I will say this, being the first person to hear those shows was and still is quite an honor for me.