View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Michele, CAD and Dragoon! Yeah, I took that screencap 2 days ago from The Dance concert, because I thought it was funny too

I just have something to say about The Dance concert, because I couldn't stop thinking that Chris was sad there. I couldn't recognize our sweet, smiling Chris there anymore. For me, it's heartbreaking to see her so depressed.
It seems she was often holding back tears and/or her mind was elsewhere, rather than on stage, smiling only to the audience. Even when she sang "Bleed to love her" and Lindsey was looking at her, her look seemed so empty of emotions. I think she stopped hugging the other FM members when she started talking about her retirement after the tour, and at first they where disappointed.
Stevie knew Chris was tired of touring and something was bothering her, she understood the problems and maybe was the only one who gently supported and listened to her, acting as a sort of "psychologist" to her. Only after the Grammy Awards in 1998, in the backstage, Chris started crying like a baby and told Stevie that she was having panic attacks and was afraid of flying. She couldn't tour anymore, so when Stevie suggested her to leave Los Angeles and come back home, Chris sold her car, her house and immediately flow back to England. I've also read that she was afraid of California earthquakes (I'd like to live there someday, but I can understand her since here in Italy it's a month we are experiencing it and it's not so funny)
Last night I found this interview where Stevie talked about what happened to Chris back in 1998:

"We never wanted Christine to leave," Nicks says. "We wanted Christine to change her mind. But what happened was, Christine had been keeping big secrets from us all the many years. She was afraid to fly. Because she's such a tough old bird, she never let us know. And she was having panic attacks about it. She was really having a hard time with the traveling, and they say when people get older, you get more claustrophobic and more sensitive, and I think you really do. And so it hit Chris, and she was like, 'I don't want to do it anymore.' And it's not that she didn't want to come on stage, not that she didn't want to do music anymore. She just didn't want to tour. (......) The horrible thing, which breaks our heart, is just Christine herself. Her personality, her crazy English self. She was a buffer between all of us. She was definitely a buffer between me and Lindsey, and she would be the one to say -- [imitating a chirpy British accent] 'You guys are all being stupid!' She'd be like 'Break it up, break it up!' " You can read the whole interview here : http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz1xuElMr6d
"

That's why I'm so sad anytime I watch The Dance concert, knowing she was suffering and maybe was thinking about the most appropriate way to tell it to the band. That's why Stevie said "Christine had been keeping big secrets from us all the many years" and the band, suspecting something, started to behave in a more detached way until the truth would come to light. You can't try to "change the mind" of a person who has a disease or a phobia such as Aerophobia for Chris (or Arachnophobia for me). You can't heal it and it can only worsen with age. This is just my guess, don't take it seriously because I may be wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag00n View Post
[QUOTE: my fav pic (the one in b/w where she has a white shirt opened on her chest and a denim jacket)./QUOTE]

Is this the one?
Attachment 11105

d,
Oh yeah, it's that one!
And I could NEVER find it in high resolution (neither the other pictures from the same photo session, that I also love), so I had to resize it and increase the resolution, but it's not the same because it became pixeled. I wanted to print it as a poster, but if I'll do it definitely would come out with bad results.

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 06-15-2012 at 06:39 PM..