View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 02:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

I watched the first episode.... It was .... Interesting....

It's not something that will hit you out of the box if you are not in the business.

The show seems to 'broad brush' what happens on the road. But... That's what a tv show does....

Personally, being a freelance crew person, with a different crew every week... It was interesting to see how the show is zoning in on what goes on in crews that have to gig together, do on tours... The point of the show, right? For me, personally, a week is enough for some gigs. Ha!

On a side note - the shows that I've done the same 20+ shows with the same crew... Yep, that could be a 'show' in it self... But that is not, so far in the show, what goes on. But, I'm sure it willl........ Hmmmmmmmm.

I can say that crew peeps are very protective of the gig that they are doing. There is an "outside in" thang that happens with peeps that we meet hanging out during a break with the fans of.... Whoever.....
whatever is said by a crew peep to fans, is what has been passed down.... That crew peep is just protecting thier job... So don't be pissed by what you may hear.
It's an interesting dynamic.

And I have to disclose that I'm currently pretty 'happy' after a fantabulous private party room of a HUGE racing organization.

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it