View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

if/when they put it out, it'll be interesting to watch the PR tap dance they'll have to do.... if all 4 of them are on the album, will they do publicity photos with the 4 of them? Then it looks like FM minus Stevie. Then reporters inevitably will ask in screaming headlines, Has Stevie Nicks Been Kicked Out of Fleetwood Mac?? And then they'll have the dueling quotes from the band and Stevie. It's a bit of a tightrope innit? I think even if there are just pics of Lindsey and Christine it'll create some churn because they're 2 of the 3 songwriters in the band.

Reporter: "So why did you feel the need to go off and record this without Stevie?"
Then they have to do the diplomatic dance: "Well, we had always wanted to record with Stevie but she had a solo album she wanted to promote, she had set that aside when Christine came back, and we support her in doing that but we had started working on new songs together and thought they deserved to be heard" blah blah blah.

The really interesting bit will be when the press inevitably goes to Stevie and asks for a quote from her about the album. That's when it could get fun. What will she say? "I wanted to do my solo work, you know I've had to put aside my solo work so many times for Fleetwood Mac and I'm 68 years old and really believed in my album and wanted to promote it while I could." And then this could be where she changes her tune and makes a more dramatic version of events and says "I'm sad they didn't want to wait for me" .....and if so I hope someone reminds her that she said she didn't really think she wanted to record with them any more.

Oh, the drama, people, the drama that is to come.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 12-08-2016 at 12:41 PM..