View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Simon View Post
I guess you could have a few live tracks but then you'd be duplicating studio tracks on the same compilation.
Not necessarily. They could put stuff like Get Like You Used To Be and I'd Rather Go Blind on there, as well as some interesting versions of Peter Green songs (especially The Green Manalishi).

But, really, I have no real issue with duplication. Songs like Believe Me have live versions that warrent inclusion. The live version with Weston (from Midnight Special) had the greatest ending ever, and the 1974 Record Plant version is pure Power Pop at its finest. Spare Me A Little Of Your Love from 1972 with Danny is killer. And, Bob's musings on Future Games and/or Bermuda Triangle would be worth it, too. The studio albums are great, but they don't really capture the personality of this era, which is why the live recordings are so essential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Simon View Post
Are there that many live professionally recorded concerts from the 1971-1974 era??
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
We don't know...that's the point. (Of course, there are a few of 1974, but earlier than that? )
Well, there's the Seattle '72 set that was on radio. I'm sure there's a master of that somewhere. (If not, they could always use Pro Tools to work audio magic.)

I'd also be curious if there are any rehearsal tapes out there, similar to the Madison Blues stuff from this era.

And for crying out loud, we need the Fleetwood Mac version of Good Things.

THE Stephen Hopkins