View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, you know that Bob Welch would come on here himself sometimes in the old days and people always liked having him.
I miss his contributions. He always had some interesting tidbits to add to almost all types of discussions- Mac related or otherwise.

One of my favorite Ledge memories is from Bob's Q&A from 2003. I lived half of my life in North Carolina, so I'd always wondered what the backstory was behind the line in Hypnotized about the strange pond in North Carolina with sides of glass. I can't express how much it meant to me to hear straight from the man himself what inspired that story. I still pinch myself thinking that I had the chance to ask Bob about a lyric that had me curious for half my life.

As a side note, I was in a vintage furniture shop about an hour ago, and Sentimental Lady came on the radio (Bob's solo version). It just made me smile and think how grateful I am to be a Fleetwood Mac fan, and that we here at the Ledge got to have some personal interaction with Bob before his passing.