View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Press Enterprise

By FIELDING BUCK / STAFF WRITER
Published: March 2, 2016 Updated: March 3, 2016 11:13 a.m.

http://www.pe.com/articles/little-79...ongs-lady.html

Q: You have some neat collaborations on that album as well, don’t you?

A: Yeah, they all came about pretty naturally. “The Driver,” well Eric and I wrote together, and I asked Dierks to be a part of it. The Stevie Nicks collaboration, that is a really cool story. We cut this Tom Petty song, “Southern Accents,” and her manager happened to be in Nashville and talking with Paul back and forth about different stuff. And she said, “Oh, you’re working with Charles? You got to play me a couple of songs.” So anyways, he played her “Southern Accents.” We were like, “Oh my gosh, Stevie Nicks is like the biggest Tom Petty fan, we’ve got to play this for her.” Next thing you know, she reaches out to me and says she loves it. And I reach back saying, “I’d love you to sing on it.” We were out in L.A. and cutting her vocal. It’s just the coolest thing in the world to have someone like that be a part of that record. And then Miranda Lambert and I are good friends, and she’d come to a little industry event in Nashville for the project. And she came backstage and said how proud she was of me and loved the music. So when we went back in and finished the record, I sent her a song and she said yes. And here we are.