View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Madonna's Rebel Heart has finally made it into the repeat cycle on my stereo. I really like this album - but don't care for the 19 song length. I'd have preferred she split this into two albums as she once considered, since there are clearly dueling personas on this record - the tender, ballad and fun loving side of Madonna when she's at her very best, and then the raunchy profane side which I'm really weary of.

Like Say You Will, it needs to be pared into two different listening experiences.

Also, Jessie Baylin's Dark Place is great and I've been playing that one a lot. So atmospheric - I wonder what Stevie might sound like if she did an album with Richard Swift?

Otherwise, I've been listening to Stevie a bit lately, and Siouxsie, and Depeche Mode, and the other artists I usually return to when there's nothing new or interesting musically going on. 2015 is pretty disappointing for new releases, so far.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case