View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
I'm actually beginning to worry about the state of Stevie's voice. I wonder if it will even hold up for another tour if they ever do release that last album
It all comes down to how Stevie sings a song. For instance, Rolling Stone released a video of Stevie singing Gypsy about a week ago from the same video shoot as this freshly released Blue Water clip. I personally think the Gypsy clip was beautiful- she sang very softly from the back of her throat like she used to back in the 70s, and her tone was gorgeous. It's when she pushes her vocals out from her diaphragm (technically the "correct" way to sing) that her voice sounds strained, thin, nasally, shouty, and off-key. If you look at Stevie's most recent album, 24k Gold, there are examples of how her voice can either still be magnificent (All The Beautiful Worlds) or simply dreadful (Lady). She needs to fire her freaking vocal coach. The techniques he taught her destroy everything that is great about her voice.