View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, that was my impression as well. I think the others had already signed on so they were stuck touring or lose a lot of money by being in breach of the contract. However, they could have delayed the tour to work out the issues, but they obviously decided not to. In the end, they delayed the tour so that they new guys could rehearse, so the whole thing was silly, especially for grown adults. And I don't think his firing (such an ugly word ) had much, if anything, to do with the events of the award ceremony. Something else was going on behind the scenes. The other ridiculously stupid thing is the band, management, and high powered lawyers didn't bother to check that the 5 of them were equal participants in the partnership that was created after 75 and probably renewed in 97.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Honestly, I don't think Lindsey ever had a chance to discuss anything pertaining to setlists for the 2018 tour. I'm pretty sure I have my facts straight here, but after the disagreement about the timing of the tour he (Lindsey) did sign the agreement to do the tour - which is why he has able to sue. He caved and agreed to the tour which wasn't what Goatsy wanted. Had he been in rehearsals, then sure setlist conversations would have occurred.

It's fascinating that of all the narratives to come out of the 2018 showdown, this whole notion that Lindsey held the lock and key for all Fleetwood Mac tour set lists still continues to pop up. I mean, how many times has Stevie mentioned in pre-tour press interviews that they have to play the hits? Lindsey made comments about not wanting to open with The Chain AGAIN for the 2009 tour.