View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Mick wrote in his book he did hear Stevie, too. The way he tells it sounds like a dramatic license to me. However long ago a ledgie mentioned the song Stevie was rehearsing at that moment. It is not mentioned in the book so it could be another source of this same episode.

I thought the guitar sounded great, but my attention had been caught by what I saw through the thick glass that separated Sound City's two recording studios. It was a girl, rehearsing a vocal in the next studio. A piano track was playing, and I could faintly hear her say something to the engineer about maybe wanting to have bird sounds somewhere in the mix of the song she was working on. I even remember what she was wearing a long, sort of Indian cotton skirt and a little blouse, real pretty. In fact, I thought she was one of the loveliest and most attractive girls I'd ever seen, but I somehow managed to remain nonchalant as I blithely asked Keith Olsen,
"Who's that pretty girl in there?"

Her name, he said, was Stevie Nicks.

But yes in these forums are lot of threads based on assumptions, speculations, or theories of 70s facts based in members behaviors of 2018 onwards. I'm not surprised some day Stevie will be blamed for the global warming or Lindsey for the 2020 pandemic.
Thanks for sharing - it’s been several years since I’ve revisited any of the books so my memory probably forgot some stuff.