View Single Post
Old 01-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Had Lindsey folded to StevieÂ’s demand to do pre-White Album stuff and no new material AND he just didnÂ’t even speak at MusiCares exactly 6 years ago, I think this would have been the set.

1. DonÂ’t Stop
2. The Chain
3. Dreams
4. I DonÂ’t Want To Know
5. IsnÂ’t It Midnight
6. Black Magic Woman (Stevie on vocal, Neale Heywood on lead but still in the background)
7. Second Hand News
8. Tell Me All The Things You Do (with Stevie instead of her backstage as she was in 2018)
9. Angel (Tusk song)
10. Hold Me (already done on LBCM Tour)
11. Rhiannon
12. Say You Love Me
13. Big Love
14. Landslide
15. Hypnotized
16. Little Lies
17. Station Man (with Stevie)
18. Over My Head (Mick on cocktail)
19. Straight Back (Mick on cocktail)
20. You Make Loving Fun
21. Stop Messin (Lindsey on vocal)
22. World Turning
Encore
23. Tusk
24. Crystal
There is zero chance of this setlist ever happening with Lindsey. I think he would agree to do Oh Well and he might even be on board with playing on Stevie doing the BMW cover and Chris doing something from her pre-75 catalog. But there’s no way Lindsey was singing Hypnotized, Tell Me…, and Stop Messin’ Around and not doing Go Your Own Way. Also, Stevie seems to not even acknowledge the existence of I Don’t Want to Know.

I think Lindsey would have 100% been on board with broadening the setlist for a 2018 tour, he just would push for the 75-87, 97+ stuff that they did together. Look no further than the BuckVie tour where they did unearthed Wish You Were Here for its live debut 35 years after it was released and never played the most obvious LB/CM song: Don’t Stop (and World Turning for that matter).

You could make a great set with some key warhorses and rarities like Brown Eyes, Angel, Walk a Thin Line, That’s Alright, Book of Love, Wish You Were Here, Tango in the Night, Isn’t it Midnight, and hell, I hate this song, but I think a retooled, modernized, and less whassamattahbabayy version of When I See You Again would work.

Putting the stale setlist on Lindsey is laughable.