View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Here are the issues in review:

Fear of flying - Kind don't buy this one either anymore. London to Maui and back = 16,000 miles. Plus, she flew to JFK from LHR to promote ITM. And apparently Monte-Carlo to watch tennis with Justin. I'm guessing Mick didn't hold her hand to the other destinations.
I actually *do* buy this one.

I hate to fly, but love to travel. If I have to fly, like I did to get to Milan a few years ago, I totally will - but this was a family vacation, and I certainly wasn't going to miss it. However, I hate flying enough that if my *job* required me to travel, I'd quit. No joke - I would find a new job. Airline tickets are overpriced, the seats suck, everyone is crowded, fellow passengers are jerks, people are stinky, rude, loud, will sneeze or cough right in your face, and have no respect for airline staff much less other passengers.

Airplanes need about five less rows of seats, a ban on children, a dress code and actual meal and beverage service to justify the ticket prices these days. And to be clear, it's not about the *price* - it's about what you get for that price. Cramps and flu. Gross. Flying is gross.

Airlines cut corners to maximise profitability. Pieces of planes fall off in mid-air (in the news today!). They catch on fire. The noses, tails, wings, engines fall right off. The pilots sleep, play games and drink. I know that these accidents are small in number when compared to the vast quantity of flights each day, but it's enough to demonstrate a severe lack of concern within the industry for the comfort and safety of their customers. All that matters is profit, spelled $$$$$$. Just yesterday, I read that many airlines are switching to new seats that are smaller and allow them to squeeze MORE passengers onto already overcrowded planes. Sickening.

Of course, FM has their own private plane so these could all be non-issues. I still believe her though, because flying blows.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case