View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Greatest Night In Pop

Maybe this has been discussed before (Lindsey and Stevie's participations) but since I just watched this documentary, there are some thoughts I want to share.

I didn't know Huey Lewis replaced Prince at the last time. Apparently Prince was a jerk and he snubbed them because he only agreed to play a guitar solo in a separate room, but Lionel was asking him to sing with everybody in the same room. Huey wasn't supposed to sing a solo but at the last minute he was asked to replace Prince and he did it great.

I always supposed Stevie Nicks was on the road so she couldn't be there. But checking info, in Jan '85 there was no Stevie tour in progress. I wonder if they asked her to participate.

Same as Madonna. Being a superstar in 1985, I supposed she couldn't assist because of dates conflict. But she was in LA, she was at the AMA ceremony from where many left for the studio that same night. They mention somebody wanted Cyndi instead of Madonna, but it doesn't make sense. If Lionel wished to have Michael Jackson and Prince together, why they wouldn't want to have the 2 girls together.

Lindsey was mentioned at the beginning of the doc. No details about his invitation nor participation.

And Bob Dylan's face... well, as somebody said in the doc, the 80s was not the best Bob's period.