View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
24K is easily her worst sounding record. I'm shocked she let some of those vocals go out the door. Those gravely tracks on TISL sound better than The Dealer etc..

She had better material in the vault that she left behind i.e. Julia etc. Blue Water and Cathouse Blues just feel like scrap filler at best. The revised "Twisted" and "My Heart" was a complete mess as well (just my opinion) She removed the most interesting parts of both of those songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
But is not "quickly recording an album to get it out ASAP" by definition sort of phoning it in? We can argue over vocals. But the album tracks are pretty much identical to the demos. All The Beautiful Worlds became All The Horrible Worlds.
There are some great songs on it but they are not executed musically or vocally which you can say was "phoned in."
On the contrary nothing on Buckingham/McVie was even remotely "phoned in."

You both nailed it.

Didn't she say something about owing the record company another album per her contract and deciding to just slap together these demos into something (Or am I conflating that with one of her greatest hits packages?)

Anything remotely "artistic" in her work disappeared decades ago.... it's been "Show me the money" forever now.