View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
It was Christine, not John with the butcher knife. She may have thrown a drink in Lindseys face as well, but she certainly did the same to Bob the day before he quit. And it will be in the book in his own words. I don't like arguin with fans, but I do know all the stories that Bob had typed up and that he told me over and over. You were not in the know and believe me, Bob was! It will be out in the book with witnesses to it, it was not a joke, and I have no fear of being sued over Bob's hand written and typed words. You all may be shocked at the truth. I am sorry if you cannot accept it.
Wendy

Surely you are not suggesting that Christine throwing a drink in Bob's face was the sole reason he quit the band. Maybe the last straw in an already tense and frustrating situation happening within the band at the time. I understand Bob quit because he wasn't happy with the lack of success they were having and in particular the situation with their manager and the faux Fleetwood Mac. You know, the litigation and all the other bull**** that was going on at the time.

If Bob and Christine didn't get along why on earth would she have collaborated with him on his succesful solo albums in the 70s. Hell, I believe that Mick, Stevie, and Lindsey even leant their support in his solo endeavors. I think about times when I saw them on stage with him like in Bob Welch and Friends at The Roxy(1982). By the way I love that whole show and "Sentimental Lady" is definitely a favorite of mine.

Which leads me to believe that the real reason Bob and the rest of the band had a falling out was the royalties fight that happened after this time. Not really sure of what happened there and why it particularly affected Chris more than it did Mick and John.